Bt Infinity and computer processor

lboardman 04 Apr 12

Hi i have just had Bt infinity installed and the engineer told me to get the most from it I need to upgrade my laptop processor.I this possible? I have Intel celeron 1.70GHz now on a Sony Vaio.

northumbria61 04 Apr 12

enter link description here

Take a look at this link and click on where it says Make the most of BT Infinity by connecting using a computer with these specifications.

I can't advise on whether you can upgrade the CPU at this time.

Input Overload 04 Apr 12

In my opinion you have nothing to worry about - You may get a slightly faster wireless speed as I assume that's how you are using your laptop with a faster processor but it will be marginal & there are many other things that will affect wireless speed far more such as walls and metal objects..

I use a rather ancient DELL laptop that refuses to die on me with a multitude of connections including BT Infinity with no problems whatsoever. I really can't see why the engineer would even mention it unless you find your speed isn't as fast as your theoretical limit & you were to raise this with BT help they may point this out.

I wouldn’t worry at all - If your laptop connects OK there is nolthing to fix.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message