Bt Infinity and computer processor

lboardman 11:11 AM 04 Apr 12

Hi i have just had Bt infinity installed and the engineer told me to get the most from it I need to upgrade my laptop processor.I this possible? I have Intel celeron 1.70GHz now on a Sony Vaio.

northumbria61 11:26 AM 04 Apr 12

enter link description here

Take a look at this link and click on where it says Make the most of BT Infinity by connecting using a computer with these specifications.

I can't advise on whether you can upgrade the CPU at this time.

Input Overload 12:31 PM 04 Apr 12

In my opinion you have nothing to worry about - You may get a slightly faster wireless speed as I assume that's how you are using your laptop with a faster processor but it will be marginal & there are many other things that will affect wireless speed far more such as walls and metal objects..

I use a rather ancient DELL laptop that refuses to die on me with a multitude of connections including BT Infinity with no problems whatsoever. I really can't see why the engineer would even mention it unless you find your speed isn't as fast as your theoretical limit & you were to raise this with BT help they may point this out.

I wouldn’t worry at all - If your laptop connects OK there is nolthing to fix.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X