BT Hub - which virus protection?

akafish 08:35 27 Jul 07

Since I started using a BT Hub my machine has slowed up dramatically. My gut feeling is that there is a conflict between my machine's version of Norton and the one which BT uses: for example, I have a message saying "BT Yahoo Online Protection: One or more items requires your attention", bu tmy own Norton is completely up to date.
Yes, my machine is 4 years old (I can pay for daughters's weddings or an upgrade, but not both) but till the Hub was fitted it was slower than my work one but not the arthritic way it is now: the numbers of files on the machine also went up remarkably after the Hub was loaded.
Should I disengage my own one and trust BT's one [not my preferred option], or, can I do something about the BT one?
Or is it likely to be something completely different?
Yours slowly, Fish

€dstowe 09:00 27 Jul 07

I have the BT hub but I have not downloaded any of the auxiliary software that is offered with it - I much prefer to "do my own thing". I would never allow anything with the Norton name anywhere near any of my machines.

I think the problem you will have now is removing the Norton you have installed and if you have it twice, you might have more than twice the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac