bt hub problem

onlyme366 09:18 02 Oct 06

Please help im so new to this tekkie stuff. i have just got a bt hub but i cant connect it to my laptop. i rang the help line and after about 30 minutes of help it still doent work. the lady on the line said something about my address starting with 162, but it should start with 192?
she also said i need to reset it in my laptop?
please help!

scareybus 11:48 02 Oct 06

On the front of the home hub are 5 green lights - the four on the right should be illuminated - they are labelled: "Wireless/Broadband/Interent/Data".

Incidentally my home hub is hopelessly unreliable and I have requested a new one. It frequently goes to sleep - the only way to keep it going is to pull out the mains lead to reset the box. Perhaps you also have a malfunctioning unit.

ade.h 14:38 02 Oct 06

I'll post here rather than in your thread in ABs. Perhaps you could stick with ths one if possible, otherwise it will be more difficult to help you and more dificult for you to follow.

Your OP lacks a lot of important details, so I'll start by asking you to give me an ipconfig readout for each of your clients. If you don't know how to do that: Etner cmd in the Run box; in the command line window that appears, enter ipconfig /all; copy the results carefully and in full; post them here.

ade.h 14:44 02 Oct 06

Well, I have just downloaded what is possibly the shortest router manual I have yet seen, at a mere 1MB. It contains virtually no technical information about the device, so my suggestions will have to be strictly generic!

had one for 2 months, nothing but problems, keep losing internet connection, helpdesk only seems capable of advising 'power down and retry' near impossible to speak with a human,when you do they have no technical ability whatsoever! four recorded delivery complaints, no replies, yet my direct debit seems to go out bang on time! sorry for the negativity but it's rather like banging your head agianst a brick wall, if you get results please tell me how!

the pie eater 01:10 09 Oct 06

The only way i could sort out my bthub was to lose my money pay for nothing and go back to belkin....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…