BT Hub + NO Internet (Wireless)

Voiceoverman 23:30 10 Dec 07

Haven't been on the forum for a while. I've looked through existing threads and there appears to be 'bits' connected with my question but nothing specific, so apologies if it is answered here somewhere and I've missed it.

I have a new laptop PC and it's O/S is Vista. My first problem, in setting it up to work with my home wireless network, came when I couldn't get it to 'see' the router/hub (BT). I eventually contacted BT and one of their technicians proxied the laptop (after I ethernet-cabled it directly to the BT hub) and sorted it out. at this stage, after unplugging the cable, both the connection to the network and internet worked fine.

When I switched the laptop on later, it connected to the network (Hub) BUT wouldn't connect to the internet? The only way to make it happen is to turn the BT Hub off and back on again, then it works - although, occasionally, it still drops out, which requires me to reboot the router again.

I got fed up with this and have been using an ethernet cable to access the internet so I can set up and update the new laptop. However, even when it's connected this way, the internet has, occasionally, stopped working?

FYI - my main PC (O/S XP Pro), connected via cable to the router, works fine with the BT Hub and accesses the internet, no probs. I also have another machine (Wireless and XP Pro) which
connects well too.

I'm seeing a Laptop/Vista issue here. maybe a setting problem I can't see for looking?

Sorry for the ramble but giving as much info as possible.

Thanks - in anticipation.

ambra4 03:28 15 Dec 07

Check these sites

BT Home Hub Explored

click here

Connecting to Wireless Networks with Windows Vista

click here

Windows Vista Wireless Connection Guide

click here

beth89 07:39 15 Dec 07

if you can spare the time read these

click here

click here=

they should give you a clue as i say you are not the only one with BT hub problems

Voiceoverman 12:05 15 Dec 07

I shall settle down for more reading! You're right, I'm not alone....quite glad about that in a way. Beth89 and Ambra4 - thank you, appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…