BT HUB - is it at fault?

ZootHornRollo 21:08 10 Jan 09

I have a BT home hub router a desktop PC and 2 laptops. I connect the PC using an Ethernet cable and use the laptops wirelessly.

Recently the laptops have both had trouble connecting to the hub. They either cannot connect ( I get local but no internet connection) or I connect to a neighbour's unsecure connection until I manually disconnect. Using the 'diagnose and repair' facility it tells me to unplug /switch off the hub for a minute or so and then reconnect. This results in me being able to connect automatically to the BT hub.

I don't want to have to do this everytime I use a laptop so is it a problem with my laptops that I can rectify or is the BT hub at fault. Any ideas on how to correct permanently rather than having to do a daily fix?

Rayle 14:15 12 Jan 09

Best place to find an answer is here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…