bt hub

kenski 10:07 22 Sep 07

is it possible to connect to bt other than using their hub. ie another router or modem using their passwords and username given to me. i have nothing but trouble with it and so it seems does everyone else. i am unable to use other programs i used all the time since i set this thing up. it works so long then for no apparent reason crashes or refuses to accept your passwords . all this because i moved house .

why doesnt some one take these people to court for selling duff equippment not able to do what it says on the pacage we are committed to 18 months and no come back u have got to sit there and lump it

tullie 10:26 22 Sep 07

I have a Voyager2091,as supplied by BT.
Ive heard of the odd problem with the home hub,makes you wonder how they sell so many if they are that bad!

Ikelos 10:36 22 Sep 07

BT are now giving the hubs away, they sent me one yesterday, but for now i will stick with the netgear adsl wireless router,

kenski 10:40 22 Sep 07

so i can use another router then and ignore the hub

€dstowe 12:04 22 Sep 07

I've recently "upgraded" to a through-the-mains system for my home network as I found wireless through my BT Home Hub less than reliable and the phone attachment was well nigh useless with the battery failing to hold its charge for more than about two minutes. If I'd had to pay for this system, I would be very displeased.

My initial BT broadband used a Netgear single port USB/Ethernet modem (DM602). I have now gone back to that, connected it to an Ethernet switch (Netgear FS 605 v3) and from there to my wallplug setup with three machines and a printer attached.

More than pleased. There is no BT equipment beyond their supply box on the wall.

kenski 12:12 22 Sep 07

thanks for all your replies i will go ahead and dump the hub

Ikelos 12:13 22 Sep 07

yes, just make sure it is a ADSL Router, any sort, any make....

Technotiger 12:18 22 Sep 07

I have been using a BT HomeHub for some time now, and IMHO it is excellent. Extremely easy to set up, and has certainly never let me down. I have four telephones in my home, each with filters.

Technotiger 12:21 22 Sep 07

PS, three of my friends also have the BT HomeHub, on my recommendation, and none of them have ever had any problem either.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…