BT HomeHub2 - multiple computer connectivity

Parraman 10:01 05 Dec 08

Hi,
I've been working with a BT HomeHub2 wirelessly for some time now, but wish to connect by hard wire for a period.

Problem is, my wife's computer is also hard wired, and when I plug in mine at the same time and try to connect all I get is a "Failed to Connect" error message.

However, after disconnecting hers, and hooking up mine, I connect immediately. Adding hers then gives the same error message.

It would appear that the hub only supports a single hard wired machine at a time.

Any ideas why ?

Thanks.

mgmcc 13:57 06 Dec 08

Having had a quick look online, version 2.0 of the Home Hub appears conventionally to have 4 ethernet ports and so should support simultaneous connections by your computer and your wife's.

When you connect, what IP address does your computer have and, if your wife's computer is then plugged into a second port, what IP address does she get?

Presumably the "Local Area Connection" in both PCs (I'm assuming you are using Windows PCs) is set to get its IP address automatically by DHCP from the router and that you haven't allocated conflicting IP addresses manually?

Parraman 19:25 06 Dec 08

mgmcc

Many thanks for this.
Unfortunately I have to leave home for a couple of days, and will be unable to give you the info you ask for. Please bear with me.
Parraman

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…