BT homehub causes interference with telephone

LJM 14:51 26 Oct 06

I have recently installed a BT wireless homehub for wirelss internet access and all is fine, but with one problem.

This that my analogue cordless telephone picks up interference from the hub in the the form of a humming background noise that makes telephone conversation virtually inaudible. I have tried to re-position the hub to try and reduce the noise, but with no success. I have also tried changing the filter to see if this was the problem - also with no success.

Is the answer to get a digital phone?

Any help or suggestions for a fix to this would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

€dstowe 15:06 26 Oct 06

You can plug an ordinary touch tone phone (most standard modern phones and DECT types) into the BT Home Hub using the adapter provided with the hub.

€dstowe 15:09 26 Oct 06

You can also use an ordinary wired phone in the old phone socket as well but using a cordless in there does produce some interference, as you say - I've just checked on my setup.

By using your phone through the hub you can take advantage of very cheap call rates - check with BT about this. The least you get is free evening and weekend calls

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now