BT Homehub Access Control

David Dean 16:03 09 Feb 14

I used to use BT's Access Control to set the TIMES during which the various devices in my home could/couldn't access the web (via my BT homehub) as explained here: click here had the login page to the dashboard saved as one of my favourites but when I recently tried to access the facility, I just got a blank screen. I think BT has withdrawn the service as there's nothing on the BT website about it. Also, when I rang BT, the call handler knew nothing about it. Although BT now has a Parental Control facility, it only allows you to block or allow certain websites and you can't set access to the web on each INDIVIDUAL device by TIME. Does anyone know how to do this now? My problem is that I can't change the access I applied to my devices on the old system, and I now want to change some of them. Any idea how I do this? Thanks.

I

Woolwell 20:40 09 Feb 14

I haven't got a BT Homehub so cannot check but it is incorrect to state that their website doesn't have anything about it BT Access Control

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:45 09 Feb 14

If you reset the Hub (2) all the Access Controls revert to Not enabled.

David Dean 19:52 10 Feb 14

Woolwell - thanks but the link you quote on the BT website is broken and doesn't lead anywhere.

Fruit Bat ^0^ - thanks. I've not tried this yet but, even if it does work, I won't be able to re-set any of my devices, since the link to the dashboard doesn't work (see my reply to Woolwell).

Woolwell 20:15 10 Feb 14

Odd because that link works for me. It doesn't lead anywhere but does give instructions about what to do. I'm not sure what you mean by the link to the dashboard.

Woolwell 20:19 10 Feb 14

If you are stating that you cannot access your BT Homehub through the hub manager web link that is different to Access Control not being available.

I suspect that is your problem.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:38 10 Feb 14

For BT Access Control to work you need to switch it on.

Here's how:

Open your web browser and browse to [click here][1] to open the Hub Manager.
If this is the first time you've opened the Hub Manager, you'll be asked to change your password. Please follow the instructions on the screen, then carry on with the steps below.
Click the Configure button next to BT Access Control.
You'll be asked to enter your username and password.
Click Yes on the Enable Access Control (Hub 2.0) or Access Control feature enable (Hub 3)option.
Select the device you want to control. What if the device I want to block is not listed?
Set the times you want to block Internet access to that device.
Click the Add button.
Repeat steps 7-9 for all the devices you want to have Access Control for.
When you've finished, click Apply.

from click here

Woolwell 20:42 10 Feb 14

Fruit Bat /\0/\ - That was my link.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:47 10 Feb 14

I know because he can't access it,

I copied and pasted the info

probably be in trouble again for infringing copy write :0( that's why i reposted the link.

Woolwell 22:11 10 Feb 14

If he cannot access the link then I'm beginning to wonder if it is a browser problem which is also stopping access to the hub. Might be worthwhile trying a different browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now