BT HomeHub 2

Newuser939 10:18 29 Aug 09

I have just changed from HomeHub 1 to HomeHub 2. Initially, my laptop did not want to connect wirelessly at all, but changing the Hub's security from WPA to WEP solved that. Then my laptop would not recognise my home network, but changing the names of the workgroup and the computers on it solved that. The only outstanding problem is that the laptop will not connect automatically to the Hub, although using "Start - Connect to" connects it without a hitch. The laptop always connected automatically to the HomeHub 1. I have checked that "Connect automatically when the network is in range" is ticked. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, what was the solution? I am running Vista Home Premium with all updates installed.

rawprawn 10:49 29 Aug 09

When you have ticked "Connect automatically when the network is in range" you need to press OK twice. Did you do that?

Newuser939 13:00 29 Aug 09

rawprawn,

Thanks for the reply. However, it does not seem to be possible to click OK twice. As soon as OK is clicked once, the dialogue disappears and that is that.

rawprawn 13:10 29 Aug 09

I would start again you seem to be having problems which you shouldn't have.
I think the best way forward for you is to telephone 0800 800 030 for assistance. They are very good, and can take over your machine to make sure it is connected properly.
I think they will start from scratch and sort you out.

Newuser939 13:28 29 Aug 09

rawprawn,

Thanks for the further reply. In the event, after more faffing about, it turned out that I needed to update the network adapter driver. Although Device Manager was reporting that I had the latest driver, I went to the Intel site and found that there was a more recent one. Installing that seems to have done the trick.

rawprawn 13:38 29 Aug 09

I am glad you have solved your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos