BT Home Hub Wireless problems

Chadders1989 11:14 19 Oct 07

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Ive been working at he damn thing for some time now.
I have a BT Home Hub, and desktop pc connected via ethernet, no problems. I recently attempted to add a laptop into this network, but am unable to do so. The netgear wireless card picks up the home hub, and it read that the connection is active and of a good strength. When i attempt to connect to the internet i cannot load any webpages, or access any messaging services, which suggest the internet is not enabled for some reason? I know there is a wireless connection as my Xbox 360 connects no problems. Any ideas?

Technotiger 11:24 19 Oct 07
  iarno 11:27 19 Oct 07

Have you entered the hub key and wep code into your laptop. both are found on the back of the hub.

I

Chadders1989 11:56 19 Oct 07

Under WEP it says create with passphrase, which is blank, and then Enter Key Manually. Which do i need to enter?

Technotiger 13:42 19 Oct 07

You need to enter the WEP Key as found on the back of the hub.

Chadders1989 14:44 19 Oct 07

Brilliant. My latptop now has internet access. Thanks. Just a side effect- i now have on my desktop pc, "Internet Gateway- internet unavailable-device disabled", although i am on the internet as i write this. Will this affect the connection?

Technotiger 15:18 19 Oct 07

Hmm, not sure really, I would suggest you just ignore it as long as everything is working OK.

Technotiger 15:52 19 Oct 07

Been some further research re Internet Gateway etc ...

It has I believe something to do with the Xbox, how is your Xbox connected?

Technotiger 15:54 19 Oct 07

PS - perhaps you may need to re-set your Xbox connection? But just guessing.

iarno 19:53 19 Oct 07

Chadders1989 glad you got it sorted.

Technotiger I left it to you as I would only have repeated your advice. besides I had a bit to do in the garden so took advantage of the sunshine.

I.

Technotiger 19:58 19 Oct 07

Nice weather for a spot of gardening - I only have a Balcony/Fire-escape ... sob sob :-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced