BT Home Hub. USB Printer.

ellastonepaul 18:07 12 Dec 06

Can anyone help getting a USB printer (HPpsc 2210)to work off the USB port on the BT Home HUB.

I got the following from elsewhere...so nearly there...but!
"
In XP Add A Printer than select locally attached printer. Create a new Standard TCP/IP port pointed at ip 192.168.1.253 NOT 192.168.1.254. Then when it says unknown device click custom and settings.
Select the LPR Protocol and Enable LPR Byte Counting. Set the queue name to LPT1

"

It works first time...but "locks up" after the second attempt. Switching Home Hub on/off does clear it.

atc 23:12 12 Dec 06

the usb port on the bt home hub is for add on for BT like the new bt vison tv service. A'm taking part in the trial for this and the usb from the bt vison box goes into the hub. You can try and share u're printer to make it work on your network. if you look back in the forum it will tell u how to do it this is how i made my printer to work on my wireless network.

ellastonepaul 00:44 13 Dec 06

OK. So you are on a trial BT Vision. Great!

But what about the printer?!!! Do you really have it working thro the USB on the HUB?

WHERE in the forum does it tell you how to set it up??????

atc 21:24 13 Dec 06

use this link for a thread on sharing network printer.

click here

The BT home hub is supplied with USBports. This may be used for future developments eg BT Fusion/BT Vison. The usb ports on the hub are not for printers/usb devices as per a BT engineer who set up the BT Vison.

I hold this can help. If not u can search through the forum for more help on sharing network printer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…