BT Home Hub Speed Variation

Newuser939 09:51 AM 05 Dec 12

I have had a BT Home Hub for some years and generally it has performed very well. I get a fairly consistent speed of about 16Mbs which is fine. However, every so often (every couple of weeks or so) the speed drops to about 5Mbs. Pressing the re-set button restores full speed immediately. As it is so easy to deal with it is not really a serious problem, but I was just wondering whether it was a common occurence or not.

onthelimit1 09:58 AM 05 Dec 12

It is possible there is an intermittent fault on your line. When you reset the hub, it goes at max speed then, if the kit in the exchange senses a problem, it backs off the speed until a stable state is reached.

mikef. 16:21 PM 05 Dec 12

If you have had the router for a long time it sounds as if you might need a new router, contact them with the problem and hopefully they should upgrade your router, it's what they did for me

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus One vs OnePlus 2: What's the difference between OPO and OP2? Why it's worth the wait for th2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED