BT Home Hub Problems, please help

mackay64 16:19 22 Jun 08

Im normally very good with computers, but im very stuck on what to do

My Home Hub Phone was working fine until just recently. We had a massive influx of viruses come in, but theyve all been defeated now thanks to Avast and AVG.
However, now, the phone doesnt make or receive calls anymore.
I dont know whats wrong with it
I began thinking of any changes the computer underwent, and Avast was the most recently installed program (to fight the viruses)
AVG never interfered with it before, but im wondering if since Avast was recently installed if it somehow restricts the calls being made (firewall setting perhaps)
Im not too good with working Avast apart from the Virus scanner, so I dont know how to change it if it is the Avast
Can someone tell me what it could be, and if Avast does interfere with Home Hub Calls?

Thanks
-Alan

tullie 16:26 22 Jun 08

Cant help you but your not running two anti virus are you?How did all these viruses get through if you had anti virus installed?

Technotiger 16:26 22 Jun 08

Your problem probablems stems from the fact that you have two anti-virus programs on your PC - NEVER run two anti-virus on one PC. Get rid of one of them soonest!

Technotiger 16:27 22 Jun 08

Hmm, that should of course read - problems ...

Technotiger 16:29 22 Jun 08

Having got rid of one of your AV programs, run ccleaner click here in its default settings, then re-start your computer.

mackay64 16:32 22 Jun 08

So I need to delete one, and then run cc cleaner?
Ill just pop off now and try that, thanks

Technotiger 16:33 22 Jun 08

Once you have cleaned-up your computer you could re-set your HomeHub - if you have version 1.0 of the HomeHub disconnect the Power to it then wait ten seconds and then re-connect the Power - if you have version 1.5 of the HomeHub you can just press the reset button on the bottom right-hand side of the HomeHub.

Technotiger 16:34 22 Jun 08

PS - when you reset the HomeHub you will need to wait a minute or two until all the lights are steady again.

mackay64 16:39 22 Jun 08

Ive deleted the Avast and ran CCleaner
am resetting the homehub now

mackay64 16:50 22 Jun 08

Thats it now, phone is working
I think it mustve been Avast blocking it
Thanks muchly, Technotiger :)

Technotiger 16:53 22 Jun 08

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac