BT Home Hub Possible Problem

Newuser939 18:31 21 Jul 09

I have had a BT Home Hub for a few years with no problems at all until now. However, recently it has started dropping the internet connection after just four or five days. On one occasion I had to press the reset button to get it to reconnect, but usually it does it itself, although whilst it is doing so there is a loud rhythmic clicking noise on the phone line. Is this likely to be a fault in the Hub or might there be some other explanation? If there is a fault with the Hub, do BT charge for a replacement (it is a few years old) and if they do would I be better looking for a alternative modem/router?

Technotiger 19:04 21 Jul 09

Had it a few years, in which case I would guess it is a Version 1.0 or 1.5. I would ask BT for the latest version of the hub, telling them yours is kaput, the latest is Version 2. You may well get it FOC>

wjrt 19:06 21 Jul 09

if you have bt broadband option 2 or option 3 call them and ask to update to latest version which should be free
click here
for problems though get broadband help first I have found them to be reasonably proficient

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…