BT Home Hub - no wireless connection Intel 2200BG

JMHM 09:50 30 Jan 09

Hello
I have a brand new BT Home Hub. The internet connection via ethernet to my main PC is fine, and all lights are ok on the Hub. However I cannot get a wireless connection to my laptop (Windows XP Home). The BT wireless network is recognised by the laptop within available network connections but I cannot get a connection. I have an IntelPRO 2200BG wireless network card and have downloaded and updated the latest drivers from Intel. I have also tried changing the wireless channel on the Hub and have installed the Windows XP Patch. None of this works. Can anyone help??
Thanks

mikef. 19:05 30 Jan 09

Try changing the channel in the hub, if anyone else near you is using the same channel near you this will stop connection, if this doesn't work contact the help line as they will sort it out remotely for you, they are very helpful phone is 0800 111 4567

Jollyjohn 10:53 01 Feb 09

Initially you need to connect the laptop with an ethernet cable, establish a connection, then you can use the laptop wirelessly

mgelder 22:14 13 Apr 09

Just came across this problem and found a solution. BT HomeHub v1 with firmware 6.2.6E has an issue with Intel 2200BG wireless laptops. BT currently don't auto-update to v6.2.6H which will fix the problem. You can request an update by calling them. There's also a portal to request an update here
click here but it didn't work for us.

Also seen a manual update here
click here but haven't tested yet.

More details blogged here
click here

HTH.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…