BT Home Hub Networking Problem

Bayliss 17:21 15 Aug 06

Hi all, I have a BT Home Hub connected to my desktop pc via USB and my Laptop wirelessly. The internet connection works fine but I cannot access either pc from the other to share files. BT's supposed tech support is useless. I presume you should be able to do via the Hub Manager as I know that is managing my connection not windows. I had a Voyager 1250 before with 2'wire's software and that worked fine. Can anyone please help?

Strawballs 22:44 15 Aug 06

click here

click here

This seems to be growing at this rate FE will have to start a new one for BT Home Hubs

Bayliss 10:24 16 Aug 06

Thanks Strawballs but I already read those post befores I posted, they do not answer mt question

Caskstrength60 16:39 16 Aug 06

Hi ,
When i first changed over to the Home hub , i couldn't get my two computers to swap files over the home network . The forum editor posted on a Thread "The home hub does NOT support Microsoft network bridging by the way." and i thought Oh-oh !
Anyway i asked on the ASDL Guide forum (click here) and i got told to Launch "My Computer" , then in the address bar type "\\<name of computer>" (not typing "<>" ) then hit Go and hey presto i found the other computer . I had previously set up a home network via the Windows Home Network Wizard .
Hope this helps .
Gordon

ade.h 16:53 16 Aug 06

It doesn't support bridging because there is no need to do so in a router-based network environment. Nor is it at all advisable to do so.

The method that you extracted from the ADSL Guide forum is the correct method; most folk seem to rely on the NSW with out realising that there are better ways to set up a workgroup.

Bayliss 22:27 16 Aug 06

Thanks for your comments but I tried that and it doesn't work either!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now