BT Home Hub Modem Locking Up

Snrub 16:15 16 Aug 09

Computer running XP frequently either freezes or switches off and attempts reboot but fails until the BT Home Hub is reset.
Any ideas please?

woodchip 16:22 16 Aug 09

is the hub connected by Ethernet or usb to the pc? If USB that may be the Problem. if in a USB Hub try it direct into a USB socket on the PC

Snrub 17:21 16 Aug 09

Thanks woodchip, Both Ethernet and USB connected which may sound strange. Ethernet connection no longer works directly although can't see any reason why it should not. BT 'India' helpline talked me through various Ethernet checks which were based on switching cables around to prove cables not faulty and couldn't get it to work and then talked me through setting up USB connection. What's odd if I disconnect Ethernet then USB connection doesn't work.
Think fault on Ethernet is internal in computer but nothing showing up in System Devices.
Presumably I am losing connection speed through not having a working Ethernet connection.
Any ideas please?

woodchip 18:40 16 Aug 09

You may have a Faulty Router, If there is a Reset at the back, it may be a pin hole that you use a Paper clip in it to reset the Modem. Then turn power off and restart it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017