BT Home Hub as Internet Access Point

Iain-172766 11:41 02 Jul 07

I changed Internet access from my PC,which had ethernet,to wireless from my new BT Homehub via a wireless card supplied by BT. My PC can access the internet OK but I am constantly getting a message warning - 'Access violation at address 02573418 in module broadcom.DLL. Write of address 12F3FC00'.

€dstowe 11:46 02 Jul 07

Why change from wired to wireless? Unless I had a very good reason, I would always keep a wired connection, even if it were USB, to my router than choose a wireless setup.

I do have both wired and wireless machines and invariably the wired system is much better. It is faster and more reliable.

Unless you have done some moving around and it is not convenient now to use a wired connection, I would strongly suggest going back to your previous arrangement.

Iain-172766 12:05 02 Jul 07

Thanks, €dstowe, for your reply but the reason for the change to wireless was the PC is at the other end of the house from the lounge where the hub is.

€dstowe 22:14 03 Jul 07

OK.

For the wireless machines I have at home, I use BT Voyager 1955 USB devices which work OK. I still use an Ethernet wired connection for my main machine, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced