BT Home Hub - handsets not ringing correctly

funkey_monkey 12:11 14 Feb 10

Hi,

I've updated a BT Voyager 220V wired router to a BT Home Hub V1.5 router for a relative. The Voyager was clicking off frequently which meant it had to be reset on numerous occassions. I thought the upgrade might help.

The new Home Hub works okay but for some reason the phone connected to the Home Hub does not ring for either landline or Broadband phone numbers. The other phones in the house only ring for landline calls. The strange thing is that the phone can be answered from the handset connected to the hub - even though it does not ring. Sometimes the incoming call number will be displayed on the handset, but with no ringing.

The phones used in the house are BT Freestyle 2100. They rang correctly when the Voyager router was in operation. I've checked the handsets by plugging them directly into the wall socket and ringing the landline. They ring - therefore this would indiciatee that no mute is switched on.

I've checked the setup in bthomehub.home and it is as I would expect - both broadband and landline are indicated to ring the hub connected phone and the landline phones also.

However, this clearly is not the case. Can anyone please provide me with some help as this is for a retired person and I don't want them inconvenienced for a long time.

I've set up my own Home Hub (also V1.5) and it works fine. I can't see what step I've missed.

Any help would be great.

Thanks inadvance.

User-1229748 17:19 14 Feb 10

check all phones have filters and check the filters are working

funkey_monkey 18:40 14 Feb 10

All phones have filters. How do you ensure that a filter is working correctly? I would have thought by receiving and dialling out it would indicate that the filer is fully operational.

Rayle 14:49 15 Feb 10

the best place to ask is the BT Forum click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac