bt home hub games on line

User-1300263 17:36 16 Oct 08

hi thanks for looking at my post...

i have got the new bt home hub (the black one) and i want to play cossacks (ew) on line, i also wantt to be able to create games on the gamespy server, i have added cossacks to my norton firewall to 'allow all', but still it wont work !

i contacted CDV cupport who swiftly replied :-
Oct 13, 2008 at 08:47
Could it be possible you're using a router? In this case please ensure the following ports are not blocked.
TCP 2300-2400
UDP 2300-2400
If you're not familiar how to open the ports please have a look inside the manual of the router or contact the manufacturer.

i cant find no help at bt help for this under gaming they seam to only support consoles and i am using a PC.

i have entered the bt home hub set up, entered advanced settings, application sharing, supported applications and cossacks is not supported, i can get to the manual add an application page, but i just do not have a clue how to enter the info sent to me by CDV software in to the router config (application sharing) page.

as any one else got a bt home hub who can help, and will my security still be 100% if i unblock these ports ?

many thanks

T0SH 19:33 16 Oct 08

Unable to say on the newer home hubs, but I suspect the settings will be somewhat similar to the older ones, first log on to the home hub as an advanced user then look in the menu items for a heading something like

Game & Application Sharing

From this option you should be able to set up to let your game work

Cheers HC

T0SH 19:37 16 Oct 08

Ops meant to attach this link best place I know to get help on the home hub check out their forums

click here

Cheers HC

User-1300263 20:43 16 Oct 08

hi many thanks

tosh thanks for that link looks like i will find enough FAQ'a in there to sort it out, (wish bt supported it)

if i open these ports in my router am i putting my security at risk ? i use this pc for work an stuff... so i do worry about it...

i have a monitor with duel dvi input and a second pc i dont use, i have been thinking about setting up the second pc, and telling the router config it in a DMZ. then just letting norton defend it. would this be better as my main pc is then all still stelthed and blocked behind the router firewall or am i just being para ??

sorry to be a best
thanks again

User-1300263 20:51 16 Oct 08

see here click here

thanks agian TOSH top man

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…