bt home hub disconnects real pain anyone rec

frankie 21:51 17 Jan 07

bt home hub disconnects real pain anyone recomm end a better router?, am on btbroadband via ethernet cable, this router keeps losing its connection have to unplug all wires reset it then its ok happening every night bt help is useless, am running xp pro on ie7 configuration not changed for 2 months this last 2 weeks had to get behind pc every night fed up now,its not fit for purpose but why thanks for looking

woodchip 21:55 17 Jan 07

It may not be the Hub, It could be something triggering it to switch off. Either in the house or on the computer in Windows

Dipso 21:57 17 Jan 07

I recommend the Speedtouch 585v6. This replaced a Netgear DG834G as I began to have problems after upgrading to 8 Meg.

The Hub doesn't have a great rep.

mine used to cut off every hour or so for about a second, i tried everything, replaced evrything, wrote letters waited hours in queues for call centres in india, got nowhere till i stopped paying my bill, now it works fine despite more letters they still havnt told me what the problem was, but search through consumerwatch forum we're definately not alone!!

ArrGee 23:13 17 Jan 07

I've got a feeling that this is to do with the hub's automatic update. There are much better routers around, hence in am switching to Linsksys Wireless N.

click here

Dipso 11:10 18 Jan 07

Some users see to have figured out ways to stop the Hub from auto updating and revert back to old firmware but true there are better routers around.

If you're willing to give the Hub another chance post your line stats and I'll see if there's any obvious reason for the disconnections.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…