BT Home Hub 5256 - Total Broadband Problem

Fenrir_666 14:27 18 Jun 08

Hi all im new here,

My problem is that I am trying to get my friends desktop computer to talk to the Hub via Netgear WG111 network adapter. Now when I insert the BT installation disk and follow the onscreen promts I arrive at a page that allows you to select a Wireless or Wired setup. It comes up with a message stating that it is unable to do the Wireless setup as it cannot recognise the adapater. Is there a software update for the Hub or the adapter that fixes this.

However I tried to set up a wired connection using the Ethernet cable, however I had no luck with that either as the installation disk was analysing the setup it did not recognise its own BT Hub. Whats going on?? Why doesnt it recognise the Hub? Please help me.

Many thanks in advance

Technotiger 14:36 18 Jun 08

When first setting up a BTHome Hub it is not necessary to use the supplied disc. A wired connection to the hub should world straight away.

Have a good look through this ...

click here

Technotiger 14:37 18 Jun 08

Ooops - dunno where that world came from ... should be ... work straight away.

Fenrir_666 15:56 18 Jun 08

Hmmm..that worked, however the user wants the PC to be wireless, using the Netgear WG111 v 3 wireless G adapter. I have tried installing the latest firmware of 1.1.0 and have decided to use Windows to manage the wireless this time round. Any suggestions?

Fenrir_666 15:58 18 Jun 08

No worries, via using the windows manager I have finally managed to get the system to connect to teh internet and WWW. Thank you for all your help!

Technotiger 16:29 18 Jun 08

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac