BT Home Hub 2.0 wireless connection

aprogr 06 Feb 12

I want to connect my laptop to my BT Home Hub 2.0 wirelessly. The laptop has a turned-on built-in wireless adapter. I click on the Wireless icon in the windows task tray at the bottom right of the Start bar but my Hub's SSID/network name doesn’t appear. How do I proceed?

difarn 06 Feb 12

Have you used the BT CD to set it up?

Read your Hub's SSID and wireless key from the label on the back of the Hub or from the wireless settings card that came in your Hub's box.

It will be something like SSID is BTHomeHub2-ABCD and the wireless key is 1234abcdef.

If you read this BT article it gives you setting up instructions for XP, Vista and Windows 7.

aprogr 09 Feb 12

I thoroughly recommend this online BT service "Chat with us online": http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyODU2MjYxNC9zaWQvYjNESzIyUWs%3D#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2MjciLCJzdGVwSWR4IjoxLCJzdGVwMSI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2MjcsNTYyOSJ9

I don't know what the online support worker did ... but I've now got an online connection ...

difarn 09 Feb 12

Nice to know that the support is there.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London in 1 minute with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse film

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message