BT E-mail

Abel 09:02 18 Dec 11
Answered

Can anybody help please? I’ve been with BT for 7 months and until now have had no problems with either Broadband or e-mail, which I use respectively with IE8 and Outlook Express in conjunction with XP Professional. However, in the last few days when I try to download my e-mails, access hesitates at the ‘Authorisation’ stage and then asks me to enter for server POP3, my username and password, which are already there and correct. I can't get beyond this stage, so where do I go from there?

Abel

Abel 09:06 18 Dec 11

It's just occurred to me that since I am unable to receive e-mail on my existing address could I please ask you to send any replies to [email protected]

Abel

The Old Mod 09:51 18 Dec 11

I've been with Bt for years, I always use their email not outlook Express, if your system crashes for any reason you don't lose the addresses or saved mail like in OE, I know you can save them but much easier to use BTs own mail system I think, you could give it a try and if you don't like it go back to using OE.

proudfoot 10:36 18 Dec 11

You are not alone BT Yahoo Mail is a pain in the backside. I have been with BT for over 2 years now, I use Windows Mail to read my email. We have 5 BT email addresses. it is pot luck if one or a number stall at the Authorisatin stage. It makes no difference if you put the correct settings in the popup window, it seems to be a problem with BT Yahoo Mail. I started a discuussion on the BT Forum about this and no one seemed to know the answer. I suspect the server is overloaded at times. I download what I can and go and do some thing else. With luck 5-10 mins later that address will work.

Ventad 11:41 18 Dec 11

You should never put in an email address you might find that the one you put in will be a target for spam

beynac 12:04 18 Dec 11

I get this occasionally. It does seem to be a problem with BT's mail server. I just close the Authorisation window and, when I try again, it works OK.

Abel 08:10 20 Dec 11
Answer

All's now well. I Managed to find the CD which came with the Welcome Pack and let it set me up again.

Abel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017