BT Broadband/Web Mail/Outlook Express

brambles 17:54 11 Feb 04

Just reading FAQ's basic & technical prior to thinking about signing up.

There are references in these total 14 pages to needing to find an alternative if Web Email facility is required.

I assume with Broadband it is still POP3 compatible with Outlook Express.

Am I correct in this assumption?

Brambles

LeadingMNMs 18:01 11 Feb 04
  brambles 18:04 11 Feb 04

Many thanks for your prompt reply

Brambles

LeadingMNMs 18:12 11 Feb 04

I have to say though that are BB account was upgraded from dialup and so e-mail addresses were taken from that. I know BT made some changes at the start of the year, but they should be using POP3 and should be perfectly compatible with all e-mail clients.

mikef. 18:30 11 Feb 04

LeadingMNMs is not quite right, if you sign up with BTBroadband it is a basic connection service witn email service included, you can sign up for an email service for an extra cost or join a free email service such as Yahoo mail or use your old adress with POP3, if you want the full ISP service you have to sign up with BTYahoo, or another provider with full ISP functions.

I use BTYahoo with access through POP3 or the BTYahoo mail.

This has been a common mix up with the two services.

mikef. 18:31 11 Feb 04

Should have read "with NO email service included"

brambles 21:11 11 Feb 04

From what you are saying there are two services
BT Broadband & BT Yahoo Broadband. I have spent ages looking at all the FAQ's about Broadband & it would appear now that Basic is web based & Yahoo is both web based & POP3.

I have BT Yahoo Anytime at the moment for £15.99 per month and I am very impressed with it. Thanks for your help everyone - I can at least follow it up on a free 0800 number.

Brambles

A Cat Called George 21:18 11 Feb 04

The basic BT Broadband is just a conection to the web. No frills, no email. If you want the usual isp frills then you must get BT Yahoo Broadband.

brambles 22:06 11 Feb 04

I have been studying all the Broadband sites this evening. Thanks for your final clarification, do appreciate it.

Brambles

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…