BT Broadband woes

Rogmur 16:35 07 Jan 06

Hi Forum Members
(and a Happy New Year to you all).

I am having difficulty with dealing with BT Broadband.

On Friday 6th my telephone line was inexplicably
cut off, so dead phone line and no broadband.

However, miraculously our phone line was restored this morning, but guess what no broadband connection.
I have been given the usual run around by BT technical support, (You need a "booster disk"), and try another phone socket!!

So I am now without broadband and have no idea when I am ever likely to get re-connected.
Upon checking the icon in sys tray it mentions "No Signal" and the modem light shows only one green light (instead of 3)

At the moment, I am using my old dial-up to write this.

My BT modem is a Voyager 100 USB ADSL .
Running WinXP SP2 RAM 512MB AMD 3000XP.

I have had this connection over a year and no problems until recently.

Surely I must have some recourse as I am not responsible for my phone line being disconnected?

Why is it the customer always gets the raw deal??

Please can someone advise

Best wishes Rogmur

wee eddie 16:48 07 Jan 06

For starters: Nothing much happens at the weekend, except for businesses that pay a premium. Getting your phone back, before Monday evening, was quite a coupe.

Have you any idea what caused the line failure?

Have they?

Give their engineers a little time to address the problem on Monday.

Check the connection on Monday after lunch, giving them the "Report Reference Number" that you have been given, and if it has not been reconnected. Quietly ask them to give you an estimated time of reconnection.

It is more than likely a problem at the Exchange.

johnnyrocker 17:00 07 Jan 06

i suspect a cease carried out on the wrong number hence your loss of service, as part of cease action adsl also gets unjumpered and i suspect that while they discovered and restored telephony no one has ben assigned to re jumper your connection at the exchange as prev advised a quick call monday after lunch should find service restored as i doubt anyone will take the issue on board over the weekend.

johnny.

Rogmur 17:01 07 Jan 06

Hi Wee Eddie

Thanks for your advice.

They have not given us any explanation as to the line failure.
I will give the engineers until Monday to try and reconnect our broadband, but as I suspect, (and you quite rightly mention) it is more likely a problem at the exchange.

Kind regards

Rogmur

Graham ® 17:11 07 Jan 06

I trust you have an outstanding fault. You can track the progress click here.

If you don't have an outstanding fault, raise one quick!

BRYNIT 17:54 07 Jan 06

Have you tried unpluging the modem from the mains for a few minutes and plug back in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…