BT Broadband and Win ME.

Pusherman 18:35 31 Jan 03

A friend of mine is having problems installing broadband on his Windows ME laptop. He is closing all open programmes (firewall, virus checker etc) and trying to install the drivers for the modem. The manual says do not have the modem physically connected at this point. When the CD loads and it begins to install the divers the progress bar is getting to 20% and then freezes. He then gets the Kernal message 0E 0197 BFF9BB3D4. If anyone out there has installed broadband on a ME system, do you have any adivce/tips. My adivce was to use someone other than BT but this wouldn't be practical for him. He has tried downlading all available updates for ME but all to no avail.
Thanks, pusherman.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 20:15 31 Jan 03

I have tried searching the microsoft knowledge base but so far no luck, has your friend tried contacting the BT b/band help line? i installed my b/band modem no probs, i would also suggest that your friend shuts down everything not needed via ctr/alt/del and see what happens. Sorry can not be of more help

anchor 09:42 01 Feb 03

How did your friend resolve this, I am sure it might be helpful for others to know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…