Bt Broadband V Pipex would you change ?

Giantsquid 20:55 29 Nov 05

Hi all,

Pipex are doing a similar deal to Bt Broadband at a tenner cheaper a month and with 500 mins of free calls, I pay 24:99 for Bt, for the 2mb speed, Pipex deal is also 2mb at 14:99 per month what does the forum think of Pipex V Bt ?

Many thanks,

GS

Stuartli 21:00 29 Nov 05

Pipex is a top notch ISP and has been so since 1991.

I've been with it on PAYG dialup since 1996 and my son has used the BB service for around three years.

Like me, he has nothing but praise for the ISP and its customer and support services.

Taw® 21:17 29 Nov 05

I have been with Pipex BB for three years currently on 1MB uncapped for £23.99 I could get it cheaper elsewhere but having found Pipex support and quality of service excellent I would struggle to change. Thats not dishing any other provider, but as I'm happy I see no need to change

Chegs ®™ 22:11 29 Nov 05

I was with Pipex with 512Kb connection.I rarely saw anything like the speed I was paying for,I had a problem with my phone whereby BT switched off the line killing my ADSL.As Pipex ceased answering my email queries concerning the speed and then expected me to pay £50 reconnection fee,I switched to Eclipse.This ISP was brill,promptly answering my queries and when BT switched off my phone again,they accepted it wasn't my fault and waived the reconnection fee.

Stuartli 22:55 29 Nov 05

My son has always received the speeds promised and that also applies to any speed upgrades.

It's the reliability and excellent support and services from Pipex that encourages him to remain with Pipex, even though he is aware he could get BB cheaper from other ISPs.

Giantsquid 23:11 29 Nov 05

Thanks for the feedback, I am not convinced either way as yet Stuartli has a lot of experience on here and he seems impressed but simply the 10 quid a month and the 500 (8 hours)mins for phone usage is a tempting offer when you only use the phone at about that rate.

Taw seems happy with Pipex, but not you Chegs ! you may have had a bad experience ?? that is why I posted to get honest feedback, and thanks for that....keep them coming as this offer (special offer for xmas) has to be taken up by the 10th of Dec,

GS

Access genu 23:15 29 Nov 05

14.99? Is there a down load limit on it?

Giantsquid 23:31 29 Nov 05

Off the top of my head I think it's 1 gig, but you can buy 3 gig extra for 2:99 per month, check out the Pipex website for more info,

GS

Taff™ 07:55 30 Nov 05

Like Stuartli I have used Pipex on dialup since 1996 and subsequently at home on BB. Although I pay more than £14.99 (My package is a legacy) I get unlimited downloads and a better contention ratio. Their customer service is very good.

They run a good loyalty scheme which accumulates monthly and rewards you for referals. You also get a free month for each one. I also used Pipex at Work running 14 PC`s off the one connection! No problems with bandwidth and again brilliant support.

I can`t comment on the Telephone package because I don`t use anything like £5 a month on my home line. My partner uses Plus Net who have a similar deal going click here They are also very good and I recommend them (Good referal scheme here too!) Plus Net offer a £14.99 deal with up to 2Mb speed. There are no download limits but they will "throttle back" connections that are doing large (Music/Video) downloads at peak times - they favour surfing and e-mails. A great part of their £14.99 package is that for a one off £11.75 fee you can opt for a monthly contract which means you are not tied in for 12 months. Free modem and connection and a telephone deal as well.

I have recommended Plus Net to several friends and they are all very satisfied. If I was unhappy with Pipex I`d switch to them immediately. Their Telephone support is very good and charged at National Rates. If you want a referal to either service drop me a personal message!

anchor 09:24 30 Nov 05

I have no experience with other broadband ISP`s, having been with Pipex for getting on for almost 4 years now. I was originally on their 512 service, but was upgraded to the 1Mb service 8 months ago, still paying £23.99/month.

I know that there are cheaper providers but remain with Pipex. Why?; because I am satisfied. Consistently good speeds and extremely reliable connection.

As regards their phone service, I don`t use this as the 18866 service I use is cheaper.

webber_man 11:49 30 Nov 05

I used to be with BT but switched to Pipex 3 years ago and haven't experienced any problems with the service or speed at all. I can't comment on their customer service as i haven't had to contact them!

I have recommeded Pipex to family and friends and all have also had a great service since signing up.

....saying all that i am sure there may be better deal around if you have a look and do some research before signing up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…