bt broadband setup

I have a 2nd computer. The admin login works fine. but when i use the other user log-in on the same machine it keeps trying the old dial up modem. Any ideas?

mgmcc 14:37 29 Dec 06

What are you connecting to the internet with:

- an ADSL modem that requires you to establish a connection from the PC?

- a router that provides access over the LAN?

I have narrowed the problem down.

When I switch on I cannot access the broadband from my limited user account UNLESS I first go to my admin account and use Broadband and the switch user. Otherwise my limited user account is trying to setup a dialup connection.

Any ideas?

mgmcc 22:19 29 Dec 06

I don't have ADSL (I have Telewest cable) but if you go into the Network Connections folder while logged in as Administrator and launch the ADSL connection, do you get a dialog box similar to that used with Dialup in which you can select to use the connection for "Me only" or "All Users"? If so, set it to All Users and see if that lets you go online with the limited user account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple