BT BROADBAND RUNNING SLOW

DEB4430 17:01 14 May 07

Hi can anyone help

My bt broadband is running slow, BT have checked the line and there was a fault but that has not completley cured the problem

internet pages half load sometimes or dont load at all!
It is so slow, Its driving me mad. I have mcafee internet security. I did have broadband help but I have deleted this

The modem is connected by a ethernet connection ~could this effect it??

postie24 17:17 14 May 07

The ethernet connection wont slow down your pc.Have you cleared out your temp files?
Download and run Ccleaner click here
This will give the pc a good clean up and hopefully bring it back up to speed

Postie24

DEB4430 17:35 14 May 07

Thanks for your help will try the ccleaner

to be honest its only two weeks ago since I wiped the whole computer clean

I was wandering if the ethernet cable could be faulty??

postie24 17:38 14 May 07

No i dont think it will be the cable.Have you run your anti-spy/anti-virus.Make sure their updated and run them.

woodchip 17:39 14 May 07

Two programs you can try. What I use is PingPlotter

click here and click here

woodchip 17:41 14 May 07

With PingPlotter you copy Paste the Url from the address bar in PingPlotter then click trace where you get coloured band is a problem

DEB4430 17:45 14 May 07

Thanks for your help, will try these now and let you know

thanks again

woodchip 17:48 14 May 07

I think McAfee is the problem

rabies 17:49 14 May 07

When I first started with BT broadband my connection was really slow and usb was much faster. I was using the onboard ethernet connection, then someone said go and buy an ethernet card (£5-10) and connect with that. That did the trick. How are you connecting to your comp.?

DEB4430 09:24 15 May 07

It is running on an ethernet connection, The broadband was running ok. It is only the last couple of weeks it has slowed up. When I start up it takes ages to connect. but will connect eventually

Graham. 09:27 15 May 07

The dial-up modem isn't still connected?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…