BT Broadband & Routers

Phil930 13:25 07 Sep 04

I have just subscribed to BT BB 512Kbps (all that i can get). I need to connect two computers in different rooms, one wired and one wireless. Bt are trying to sell me a BT Wireless Network 1250 Router, as seen here click here

However, having just moved back from the USA i currently own a Belkin Wireless Cable/DSL Gateway Router, as can be seen here click here

I have a wireless network card in my pc so thats not an issue.

But my question is do i need the BT Router or will my Belkin one work ok? I have an AC Adapter and i already have it running here for a home network. I just want to make sure its BB compatible in England. From my experience with it in the USA my Belkin Router would store a username (email addy) and password in it so any computer connected to the router either wired or wireless would get DSL. Will the BT 1250 Router work in the same way, storing my username and password.

I'm just trying to save £100 here. I do know i need to buy a couple of BT ADSL Microfilters but thats not a problem.

steven_frost 13:32 07 Sep 04

Any router should work on the bt network as long as it is approved product to be used in the uk

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…