BT Broadband & Router

PO79 14:30 21 Mar 09

I have just ordered a BT Broadband package and am awaiting the delivery of the router & handset etc.

When it comes do I have to install all the Yahoo buff that usually comes with it or will it be possible to just run it "clean" if you see what I mean.

tullie 14:33 21 Mar 09

Havent used BT for years but i assume all the junk is on the CD?Just dont use the CD,someone will correct me if this is wrong no doubt.

Technotiger 15:13 21 Mar 09

I believe you do get the option to 'untick' Yahoo, keep a look-out for it when you do the install.

You don't need to use the BT CD, it is that simple - just connect up following the written instructions, switch on and give the router a minute or so until all the blue lights are steady.

rawprawn 15:21 21 Mar 09

Just install it manually as Technotiger says and you won't get any of the rubbish on the cd.
I have one and thats how I did it, there are instructions fo manual install in the booklet that comes with it.

Zeppelyn 16:00 21 Mar 09

Same opinion here, dont install the BT Yahoo stuff, you dont need it and it can cause problems too.

PO79 16:22 21 Mar 09

Glad to hear that I can just connect and run without all the bumph they want to give out.

Thanks to you all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…