bt broadband router

aboutit 12:59 08 Jul 04

I have a voyager 200 Bt router and have had this connected to my pc windows XP Home for the last 4 months. I now wish to connct a laptop also which is running windows ME. I have the pc connected via ethernet so the laptop would be by usb. I have installed the set up on my laptop and connected via usb howver when I try to start my laptop I get the message net meeting password required. Also evrything freezes and I can`t do anything with the laptop at all. When I unplug the usb to router everythings fine again. What am I doing wrong?

AndySD 14:28 08 Jul 04

(this will move your question back to the top)

Was there any software with the modem? If so you may need to install it on the laptop for the usb connection to work>

TomJerry 14:37 08 Jul 04

I think a proper router should be at least 4 ports. If you can not get usb work, you could get a proper router. A 4 ports ADSL modem router only cost £32 click here

aboutit 14:49 08 Jul 04

I have the installation disc for the BT router which I placed into the laptop it then takes me through the set up and asks for connection(usb/ethernet) becaue my pc is already connected via the ethernet my laptop will be connectd vi the usb.I then follow all the instructions everything connects fine but when I restart my laptop everything freezes, and the only thing to correct this is to remove the router from the laptop and uninstall the software from BT

AndySD 15:11 08 Jul 04

click here may be newer than the drivers you are loading.

Hopfully you are not connecting the usb cable untill the install progran asks you to.

click here what version of the firmware are you using? ( click here and look in the BT Voyager Control Panel)

TomJerry 17:47 08 Jul 04

just a guess

aboutit 18:03 08 Jul 04

Tried verything no good. I hav e my original bt broadband box (not router) which I used to use on laptop . If I have my normal pc switched off and no router connection can I use the old broadband box connector on my laptop

AndySD 08:41 09 Jul 04

If the laptop has a network connector then all you need is a simple 4/5 port switch like click here plug the network cable from the router into this then plug the pc and laptop into it.

TomJerry 10:42 09 Jul 04

But you can get a 4 port router with build-in adsl modem for £32.89 mentioned in my early post

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…