BT Broadband Phone - possibly non toucttone phone?

funkey_monkey 21:30 28 Jun 08

I've just connected my new broadband provider - BT and am having some difficulty with setting up my phone.

I have chosen option 1 but am unable to get my broadband phone service to work through the router - 220V. I believe that broadband phone should be part of my option.

We have an extra phone which is just connected to the ADSL filter and it seems to be working fine - receiving and dialling out.

However, the phone connected through the router is not working. How can I sort this out? As a last resort I could opt to plug the phone into the ADSL filter and make/receive normal phone cals, but I was hoping to be able to make broadband calls instead.

I've looked on the BT webpages and it seems that option 1 is available for us.

I have just noticed that this is for touchtone phones only. Our phone is a Cable & Wireless CWT 300. I've done a quick search of google and I can't see if this is a touchtone phone - how can I tell and is this the likely problem?

Many thanks,

Ger.

BurrWalnut 08:14 30 Jun 08

Presumably you mean a VOIP telephone?
This connects to the router and BT should have given you a separate number for it. Then, you have to activate it online before using it.

Unless I've got hold of the wrong end of the stick!

funkey_monkey 09:13 30 Jun 08

On the BT it states:

"All evening and weekend calls to UK(2) landlines are included at no extra cost "

(2) Means 01, 02 and 03 numbers, excluding Channel Islands. Other exclusions apply. Pence per minute charging applies after one hour. Redial before one hour to avoid call charges. Opt-in required. Quality of reception may not match landline. Service restrictions apply e.g. 999 calls. Limited emergency location information stored. Service will fail if there is a power failure. Abuse policy applies. Touchtone telephone required.

Note last sentence...

Rayle 11:58 30 Jun 08

You may need to activate via the HomeHub.

You can get help on te BT forum click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…