bt broadband and outlook

peug417 12:33 02 Jun 05

Since going live with bt broadband my outlook won't send my mails to other accounts other than freeserve accounts. i havn't changed any of the settings all the pop3 and smtp settings are as were, cause the account is still live. reverting to pay as you go next week. anyone got any suggestions, i have a btinternet account but for continuity would like to keep the freeserve address live.

TomJerry 12:39 02 Jun 05

most ISPs do not allow you connect to SMTP server of other ISPs

xania 12:45 02 Jun 05

I had a lot of trouble trying to get BT Broadband to work with MS Outlook for a client using his own domain name. Incoming emails were fine; outgoing ones were blocked by some form of security. BT technical support were worse then useless. Seems they can only cope with Outlook Express although they did suggest that they might be more successful if client had a BT e-mail address. In the end, client had to settle for Outlook Express - frankly I would have moved to a more compliant ISP.

peug417 16:06 02 Jun 05

go to tools:-e-mail accounts:-view or change existing accounts:-next:-select your account:-change:-alter the smtp to btinternet.com.
hey presto email sends via the freeserve account.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…