BT Broadband Offer

Newuser939 16:20 17 Oct 07

I have been on BT Broadband for several years and, to be fair, have never had any real problems with it.
However,at the beginning of September I received an email inviting me to renew my BT Broadband contract in return for a £3 per month reduction in cost and a free wireless router. I followed the link to confirm that I wished to do that and arrived at a web page saying that I would receive an email confirming the arrangements within a week. Nothing happened within a week – or, indeed at any other time – apart from receiving two telephone calls making the same offer. When I explained what had happened, the telesales people lost interest.
The next step was to complain via the web site, and I received an email acknowledgement,although it added that due to the volume of queries there might be some delay. That was about three weeks ago, and still nothing has been heard. I have now followed that up with a letter of complaint, but whether that will produce anything remains to be seen.
Has anybody actually been able to take up this offer following an email, or is it another example of BT having problems with their new software?

Technotiger 16:36 17 Oct 07

Yes, I took up that offer a little while ago, all went very smoothly with no hiccups at all.

birdface 16:50 17 Oct 07

Just phone them up and cancel your contract with them,The sit back and count the seconds until they offer you a cheaper package.I hope you still have the original e-mail that they sent you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced