BT broadband- move to new PC

joncuk 15:07 21 Dec 04

After many problems on my Win 98SE PC I have just moved my broadband access to a new PC running Win Xp. It all worked first time (phew), but can some-one tell me how to copy my favourites and if possible old emails from the old to the new. They are not networked as yet (this was the final problem with the old PC - trying to set up a LAN)

john-232317 15:20 21 Dec 04

Internet Explorer, file, import export, wizard. not sure about 98 to XP though, apparently it should do.

click here

joncuk 10:25 23 Dec 04

ok, thanks for that. I've managed to get a copy from the 98 machine onto floppy disc. However I cannot see how to import into the Xp favourites. Any ideas any-one?

ACOLYTE 10:48 23 Dec 04

What you could do is save the favorites to a zip file then unzip them back into your favorites on xp.

ACOLYTE 10:51 23 Dec 04

Or if they are in HTML doc open that on xp then run the import/export wizard again.

feb 10:51 23 Dec 04

as dadyassa says Internet Explorer> file> import export> Next> import favourites

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…