BT Broadband monthly usage

Graham. 15:35 02 Feb 09

I'm shortly transferring from Sky to BT (should be tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath). The package has a 10GB monthly usage. Is there a facility to monitor this online at BT? I don't want to use a third-party system.

Stuartli 15:38 02 Feb 09

Apparently BT withdrew the means to do so a while back:

click here

Using Tautology Bandwidth Meter will perform the task simply and straightforwardly on your system:

click here

Does what it says on the tin...:-)

ventanas 15:46 02 Feb 09

I changed to BT last week, everything turned up when they said it would (hub and phone) and the line was ready on time. All three computers connected without problems.
Don't know about metering as I took the unlimited package, but so far I have no complaints.

Graham. 15:56 02 Feb 09

Tautology installed.

I now see they send an email when it's at 80%click here.

I assume that upload and download are added together to give the usage?

Stuartli 19:27 02 Feb 09

Yes, but uploads are normally at very modest levels.

Graham. 19:36 02 Feb 09

Tautology has just jumped to 4GB up + 4GB down, that's 8GB. And I haven't not even done nothing. My 10GB won't go far at this rate.

rdave13 23:35 02 Feb 09

Try this one from Thinkbroadband; click here

Graham. 23:38 02 Feb 09

Now up to 16GB. I can see the lights flashing on my existing Sky router. I've turned off the wireless, but they're still flashing like billy-ho.

Graham. 23:41 02 Feb 09

Thanks, I will look at that tomorrow. Are you AKA rxdave, I wonder? Your secret is safe with me.

Stuartli 00:10 03 Feb 09

I've used Tautology Bandwidth Meter for at least three or four years - it's always, to the best of my knowledge, been absolutely spot on.

Have you actually configured it?

Graham. 08:55 03 Feb 09

I've looked in settings, can't see anything obvious I need to change. 24 GB recorded for yesterday, I didn't upload or download any files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant