BT Broadband - lost icons in task bar

swapper 23:33 15 Jul 05

WinXP BT Broadband. I have lost the icons (two tv's) in the task bar when I am connected to the Internet.
The connection is working fine but I would like the icons to display.
I have looked in - Control Panel - Internet Connections - but it the window is empty.

Andy ideas please?

TIA

swapper 23:47 15 Jul 05

swapper 07:23 16 Jul 05

nudge?

johnnyrocker 08:15 16 Jul 05

go to your lan/broadband icon in network connections right click select properties and in the general tab you will see a tick box for display icons in task bar, tick then ok and job done.

johnny.

swapper 20:51 16 Jul 05

johnnyrocker,

My network connections folder is empty, as is my device manager, I have just found this out at 2000 tonight, I am starting to panic so started another thread. Re Device manager folder is empty>

VoG II 20:57 16 Jul 05

System Restore?

swapper 21:26 16 Jul 05

VoG™, thank you for your suggestion, I have done a restore back a couple of points but nothing changed.
I must admit that I do not know how long this situation as been like it is.
I don't have need to look at Device Manager, or Internet connections often.
It has been suggested that I look in the Registry, but this must wait until tomorrow, my wife has just taken the machine (the other one) over.

swapper 20:48 17 Jul 05

Now sorted after doing a restore from two months past.
thanksfor imput

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…