BT Broadband on Linux SUSE 9.0

Crookie 15:45 01 Jul 04

How can one enable BT Broadband on SUSE Linux 9.0
Novell can't help, The Linux forums can't help. So what does one do?
Abandon Internet acces from Suse Linux or what?
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Valvegrid 17:36 01 Jul 04

I'm not sure if I can be much help. I'm running Xandros and NTL broadband. There was no setting up to do, Xandros found all my hardware OK including my NIC card. I just clicked on Mozilla and connected straight to the internet.

You haven't mentioned if you connecting via USB or a network interface card. In either case its possible that SUSE is not finding the driver for either of these devices. If that's the case, do a search on the devices web site and see if they offer a driver for Linux.

expertec 17:39 01 Jul 04
  Crookie 22:55 01 Jul 04

Thanks for your reply valvegrid.
The adsl modem is a Speedtouch 330ADSL Modem Manufactured by Thomson and is connected via USB.
All works fine on Windows 98 SE, but my SUSE 9.0 OS does not see the modem atall.
I have accessed Thomson website for drivers etc but no success. Nor does SUSE show any interest in the problem when consulted. This was all some time ago, some few months when I gave up in frustration and just use SUSE without Internet access. I thought perhaps something might have developed since then, hence my query.
I was hoping that someone had solved a similar problem and could help!

Chegs ® 01:03 02 Jul 04

click here

I wouldn't be to keen on getting one of these modems working in linux,as a quick read thru this link reveals that it requires the "firmware" updating ON THE MODEM!!!!

USB "anything" in linux can be an absolute swine to get working,even with the latest distros.Good Luck. ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…