BT Broadband Installation Set up files

Les 23:31 19 May 05

I run the program Registry Mechanic and it finds two files in Startup which it wishes to delete 0 every time I swicth on up comes this request'

I have just installed BT Broadband and these files obviously refer to that installation. They are DSKAGENT.EXE and GSISETUP - although I think that it would be OK to allow the program to get rid of them I would like someone to confirm that this would be wise fir they have actually done so with no problems afterwards.

Night Ryder 00:40 20 May 05

I'm on BT Broadband. Had the same trouble deciding to delete. I did delete in the end and everything is OK

Les 06:55 20 May 05

Thanks, I've deleted them (along with 40 other reported entries!), rebooted and all is OK. I did have another problem with my phone going AWOL after some 4 hours of installing Broadband - looked like a microfilter problem - was it heck!

For some unearhly reason I had connected the original callup line to the microfilter where the phone would normally go - slowly I realised that it's not necessary to do this as it is a USB modem and the signal goes through that. I thought that I had followed the instructions implicitly, so, should anyone read this who is about to install Broadband - don't do the same stupid trick as I !!

Exit me with egg on my face :=)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…