BT Broadband installation and microfilters

Red Herring 23:35 28 Nov 04

I'm installing BT BB basic for a disabled friend. She seems to have several telephone sockets around her home and also a 'Lifeline' device.

Does anybody know whether I will need a microfilter (splitter) for EVERY telephone point or just the one the modem device is connected to?

madPentium 23:44 28 Nov 04

according to BT you are supposed to have a filter PER telephonic device hence them usually supplying 2 in the kit.
However I have found with the filter plugged in and the broadband connected to that, everything else NOT filtered, still works fine.

anchor 10:06 29 Nov 04

Red Herring

Yes, the phone will work without a filter, but I have found it is a bit noisy; a slight "shhhhing" sound in the background. Best to use a filter.

Hamish 12:03 29 Nov 04

Check out this site click here, then look in questions and then their tutorial. Should help

anchor 12:57 29 Nov 04

The tutorial referred to by Hamish is here:

click here

It confirms what I said; use a filter on each socket!.

Red Herring 14:52 29 Nov 04

....I'll be attempting installation later this week and will let you know how I get on

Red Herring 22:09 06 Dec 04

.......apart from an occassional 'no dial tone' error message. Filters fitted to each socket and all other lines (for telephony) are just fine.

Thank you to all respondents

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…