BT Broadband Generic Router Setup

BBez 17:51 21 Mar 05

Hi, my friend has 3 computers that he want's to share his broadband connection over. He has the "generic" BT Broadband router which only has 1 USB Port and 1 Ethernet Port...

Setting his own PC as the PC with the main connection, can i let the other 2 PC's access the Broadband connection..?

First i'm thinking, do i connect his PC via USB port and the other 2 PC's through the switch and will BT's router auto configure this or do i connect a 4 port switch into the router and connect the 3 PC's into the switch...

any help tnx in advance...

spikeychris 19:59 21 Mar 05

Are you going wireless or hard wired? You don't need a switch, a hub would suffice.

BBez 20:42 21 Mar 05

no, just gonna hardwire it, mentioned a switch as i have a 10 porter lying in cupboard doing nothinhg that he could have... thanks

BBez 08:07 22 Mar 05

would the BT BB router autoconfigure this if all PC's are through the switch..? tnx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…