BT Broadband with free Nortons

jakbiker 16:36 16 Aug 07

Having done a clean install on my laptop,xp, Nortons comes free from BT. Downloaded the latest version from BT however on the firewall "Norton Protection Center" the "Transaction Security" is greyed out. So it looks like I cannot protect my bank and credit cards as with the previous version which worked well. Have now unistalled Nortons three times and used the uninstall tool from the website. BT's remote assistant did the same thing and still Transaction security is greyed out. Bt help has dumped me. Does anyone know if this latest download from Bt/Nortons is has a problem.

beth89 15:00 18 Aug 07

sorry can nit help,I have the same problem and have norton on three pc all the same maybe this version from bt has not got Transaction Security with it???

jakbiker 16:49 20 Aug 07

Keep getting the run around ..if it doesnt have transaction security what good is it. Wish I could find a number for Nortons to find out or BT without spending a fortune.

brundle 16:52 20 Aug 07

Could be an element of the add-on pack; click here

i think you need this click here

beat me by a minute!

jakbiker 17:02 20 Aug 07

Thank you will go and try it on my laptop...pity BT doesnt know about it,,,,yet! if it works.

jakbiker 17:12 20 Aug 07

Thanks guys for the link...BUT nortons doesnt recognise the BT version which is installed and working apart from the dreaded missing bit...Guess I will now try to make BT understand there is a bit missing. Wish me luck!

jakbiker 17:59 20 Aug 07

Thanks got the download from
click here

where it suddenly decided it liked BT and installed ...so now I can protect my pvt info

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009