BT Broadband - email/Lycos conflict

JOHNNYBGOOD 17:48 24 Apr 03

I have BT Broadband and use UK2 as my ISP. I have discovered (BT tech confirmed) email must go through Lycos which poses the problem that what the recepient sees is my name @Lycos.com and not my email address. The problem is compounded by Lycos think I am spamming and block me. Easily resolved through phone call to Lycos. 3 - questions

1) BT say problem cannot be resolved and are prepared to cancel contract and fully refunded set up costs and rental to-date. Are they correct that the problem cannot be overcome?

2) I am considering going to F2s.com much lower cost, does anyone have experience and can recommend or otherwise. I can get by with instructions but tech support is important to me when there is a problem.

3) If I change Broadband supplier will I need to inform my contacts because of the Lycos issue? simply becasue I am not sure what they have stored my address or Lycos

Many thanks to anyone who replies.

The PC Doctor 20:37 24 Apr 03

Why not stay with BT for your web connection and use a seperate E-Mail provider..

I'm with NTL but as their E-Mail system is very unreliable I use click here - they have both Web Interface and pop3 E-Mail access.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…