BT Broadband Dialer

I have searched high and low throughout the BT empire for a BT Broadband Dialer to download. There does not appear to be one. Surely they don't just rely on their CD welcome pack!

Any suggestions please

Gongoozler 13:33 28 Nov 05

According yo BT "There's no need for an engineer visit - just follow the instructions in your Welcome Pack, which we'll send you along with an easy-to-use installation CD"

Broadband dialler is much simpler than Dial - Up because the connection is permanent, so there is no number to dial, but BT should still either tell you the settings or put them on the installation disk.

Stuartli 13:41 28 Nov 05

You can connect or disconnect from a Broadband connection - it's very similar to normal dialup in this respect, at least with Tiscali, although mine is set to connect automatically.

Gongoozler 14:17 28 Nov 05

Hi Stuartli. What I was getting at is that there's no telephone number to dial. In my Tiscali dialup properties the phone number is given as simply "adsl". As far as I know this is because there is a permanent connection between my modem and the box at the telephone exchange.

Mike D 17:42 28 Nov 05

ADSL in the UK is a standard number - 38,0 if my memory serves me right.

Mike

phono 17:54 28 Nov 05

Not so, those are the VPI and VCI settings.

Mike D 12:59 29 Nov 05

Aah yes, must get new specs!

brambles 13:48 29 Nov 05

I use BT Yahoo. In Programme files BTVoyager 105 ADSL Modem the BT Broadband Connect File(Dialler) is situated. Just create a shortcut to your dektop. Obviously you may have a different modem but the principal should be the same.

If this isn't present then I would recommend reinstalling the software.

Brambles

x2 zero 16:43 29 Nov 05

In the phone number box mine is 0,38 on the
adsl modem.

phono 19:37 29 Nov 05

As stated above those are the VPI and VCI settings, from what I am aware you can have literally anything in the phone number box, I may be wrong but I believe the phone number is a way to "fool" dialup networking into establishing an ADSL connection, this seems to be common practice for ADSL connections that have to be established each time you require to connect to the Internet etc.

Some (all) ADSL connections are always on, for instance, I use a router/modem and there isn't even a place to input a phone number, all I have to enter is my username and password, these are retained by the modem which is on 24/7, If it is switched off or there is a power cut it will reconnect automatically without user intervention.

yaesu 19:49 29 Nov 05

Hi Boike, why don't you just phone BT for a cd, install that then update from the Yahoo home page?That's what I did, I don't use their browser or web mail system but Firefox and OE6.
Good luck, yaesu

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…