BT broadband & Conexant 56k RH56D/SP-PCI Modem

guitar town 21:04 25 Jun 03

hi!
can you help, i have a BT Broadband Voyager USB modem and want to use my Internal Conexant 56k RH56D/SP-PCI fax,data Modem V1.3 for faxing only (i believe this is a digital fax modem) but their is a conflict, both seem to use the same port and IRQ3 - broadband works and conects ok but i get an error message every time i re-boot: Win Fax PRO cannot communicate with the modem. Ensure modem is switched on and connected to COM port?
i run win98 on AMD K6-2 500Mhz with 512k ram.
any ideas on installing both modems correctly?. your help is much appreciated.
thanks.

[email protected]

DieSse 21:31 25 Jun 03

I suggest you unistall the analogue modem, and re-install it.

The Cooexant is an analogue modem, which includes fax (not digital). It uses a COM port ,whereas the USB modem uses a USB port, so I can't see how there can be a port conflict.

When you re-install the analogue modem, they usually set themsrelves up on COM3 (which is in fact a port on the modem board, not a port already in the system.

I would be surprised if there was a conflict, as I've never seen one like that before - but still try the uninstall/re-install first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…