bt broadband compatible email account

mco 12:27 06 Nov 04

Please help - I'm a bit confused and would like confirmation of my suspicions. I use bt broadband basic which doens't offer email. Fine, cos I only ever use hotmail. I've just been made a local club secretary and the webmaster's sent me the club email address + password, with server name instructions for setting up on Outlook. As I understand it,is the only way I shall be able to access this email is if I get an email account off an bt broadband compatible ISP? Can any one recommend one , or have I got this wrong in my head and I should be able to access the emails some way I haven't worked out?

D G 13:04 06 Nov 04

You could try this it was posted on the forum a couple of days ago
click here

brambles 14:40 06 Nov 04

To protect our users from the increasing amount of unsolicited junk e-mail or spam sent from MSN HotmailSympatico Mail accounts through Outlook and Outlook Express, we have reluctantly had to restrict the new use of Outlook and Outlook Express to subscribers.

By making this feature part of a subscription, (which requires a user to provide billing information), we can more effectively manage and put a stop to abuse of this functionality, and help protect you and others from unsolicited mail.

If you purchase a subscription service such as MSN Hotmail Plus or MSN Premium, you get access to your account from Outlook or Outlook Express, along with many other added features. To see other benefits of upgrading your MSN HotmailSympatico Mail or MSNSympatico/MSN accounts or to create a new subscription account please visit our subscription information page.

Hope this helps!mco

Brambles

mco 21:53 06 Nov 04

thanks brambles - I already had upgraded Hotmail but I didn't realise I could do that! (unfortunately I only got this after I'd set up an email account for outlook express - for which i've posted another problem tonight...)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…