BT Broadband blocking outgoing emails

exbrat67 17:56 26 Apr 05

A couple of years ago I went onto broadband and BT blocked a port which prevented me sending emails. I registered my own website which resolved the problem. Recently BT have again blocked a port and I am now unable to send emails. BT say that they have a policy of not transmitting emails except for approved ISP's. I do not wish to change my email addresses or to register with another ISP. Has anyone got a permanent work around for this problem. Does anyone know of a broadband supplier who will let me use my existing email addresses.

octal 18:54 26 Apr 05

I'm not sure which port you are using, but isn't it possible for you to send the email using smtp.btinternet.com on port 110 as normal, but the identity still remains as for example; yourname @lycos.co.uk this will look like it is being sent by you from Lycos, but in fact it's sent through btinternet.

The only way anyone would know would be if they went to the bother of checking the headers.

rossol 18:58 26 Apr 05

sorry got no info for u but i also are on bt broadband and i have got incred mail and i could not sent out e-mails and thought i had done something wrong but it could be that. i wonder if any-body knows how to get around it with out leaving bt

octal 19:01 26 Apr 05

rossol, same advice as I gave exbrat67.

jolorna 19:33 26 Apr 05

im on bt bb & i use postcast server for sending emails with my freeserve account click here

jolorna 19:37 26 Apr 05

use this link for a newer version click here

Technotiger 19:44 26 Apr 05

Hi, I use BT broadband and Incredimail - no problems at all.

exbrat67 19:25 27 Apr 05

Thank you folks, your replies have been most helpfull. Not bad sorted in 2 hours. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…